WELCOME to the Church of St Mary the Blessed Virgin – Prescot Parish Church – and our daughter church of St Paul’s, Bryer Road. We are a welcoming, inclusive Christian community in the Diocese of Liverpool.
Join us every Sunday at 10am as we celebrate the Lord’s Supper in the Eucharist. As pandemic restrictions ease, we meet at St Mary’s only, and the service is broadcast live online at facebook.com/prescotparishchurch. You don’t need a Facebook account to watch.
A Safe Place
The Parish of Prescot takes its duty and obligation to protect all extremely seriously. We have adopted the national Church of England’s robust procedures and guidelines. You can find out more about the national policies and procedures at www.churchofengland.org.
In July 2019 we adopted a new safeguarding policy for the parish. Read it here in full (PDF).
Arts and music are central to our life and worship at St Mary’s, and we have a thriving traditional, all-age, robed choir. Click here to find out more about our choir.
SERVICES & OTHER EVENTS
Events are temporarily offline, as we are learning to be a different kind of church in challenging times.
As of 28 March 2021, Palm Sunday, we are able to open for a 10am Eucharist at St Mary’s, with restrictions in place. Click here to read more.
We remain God’s Church, even when when the building is out of use, and we are still the family of God. We remain united in prayer, and clergy and members of the parish are working hard to make sure we all remain in contact in difficult times. If you find you are struggling, please contact us.
Other sites to visit:
- Knowsley Council
- Love Prescot – news & events in the town
- Our Lady Immaculate & St Joseph’s Church – our Roman Catholic brothers & sisters next-door
- Prescot & Whiston Methodist Church – our Christian neighbours on Atherton Street
- Prescot Festival – year-round arts, music, culture, heritage & entertainment in Prescot
- Prescot Online – local news & information
- Prescot Town Council
- St Mary & St Paul’s CE Primary School – our church school, on Bryer Road, Prescot