Either side of the east window are two beautiful mosaics.
In 1925 the church underwent a substantial redecorating programme, and a modern electric light system was installed. The mosaics were bought for £150. They depict the Good Shepherd on the left and the Light of the World on the right. These new panels replaced two huge blackboard panels which had the Lord’s Prayer and the Ten Commandments written in gilt lettering (pictured).
They are now stored in the tower, although it’s hoped they can be restored and rehung in the church as part of our heritage.