In front of the organ pipes is the oak pulpit. Dated 1875, it replaced a massive, “double-decker’ type from the 18th century.
On the other side of the chancel steps is the lectern, which is made of wood. The finely carved eagle with outstanding stretched wings stands on a globe, which represents the world. The Bible on the bird’s back symbolises the gospel being carried to the four corners of the earth. It was made to commemorate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1897.