It’s been great to see so many coming back through the doors of St Mary’s to join us for the Eucharist each Sunday. As the coronavirus rate picks up again, however, we are introducing further restrictions to keep everyone as safe as possible.
QR CODES: In line with the government track and trace scheme, churches have been asked to encourage those who are able to to input their details using a unique QR code for each of the parish buildings. All you have to do (if you have a smartphone) is scan the code using your camera app, follow the link, and input your data. If you don’t own a smartphone do not worry—data will still be collected over the phone as it is each week.
Some small changes to keep you extra-safe
Due to the rise in infections within our borough, we have implemented some further systems for our Sunday services to ensure that everybody is kept as safe as possible. Thank-you in advance for your grace and patience as we navigate this new way of being.
- Enter your details via the QR Code (if you have a smartphone – see above)
- Pop your mask on
- Sanitise your hands
- Have your name ticked off the booking list and collect your service sheet
- Wait for one of the team to show you to your seat (filling up from front to back)
- Remain seated, as this will help to avoid the touching of multiple surfaces
- Wait to be invited up to communion and keep 2m from the person in front
- Remove your mask to receive then replace it and sanitise your hands again
- Follow the one-way system
- At the end of the service, please remain seated until one of the team say that it’s safe to exit
- Leave church as quickly and as safely as possible
- Keep your mask on outside whilst saying goodbye and remember to stay 2m apart